Children of Jonathan James (1848-?) of Clinton County, Kentucky and Louisa Katherine
1. George Washington James: born July 27, 1869 in Arcadia, Crawford County, Kansas;
first marriage either May 16, 1898 in Vinita, Oklahoma, or, August 5, 1898 in Davenport,
Oklahoma to Emma M. Logston (1874–1960), daughter of John S. and Martha J. Logston;
second marriage August 12, 1919 in Vinita, Craig County, Oklahoma to Arizona Dameron
(1883-1960); died May 8, 1944; buried at White Oak Cemetery, White Oak, Craig County,
Oklahoma; known children through Emma Logston include: Frank W. James, William Leroy
James, Charles C. James and Hazel L. James; known children through Arizona Dameron
include: Emma James, Harrison James, Mary James, Lola James, Melvin N. James, Lee
Vern James and Iva (Iba) Lorine James.
2. Daniel R. James: born circa 1875 in Arcadia, Crawford County, Kansas; first
marriage November 30, 1898 in Ft. Gibson, Muskogee, Indian Territory to Ella Turnham;
second marriage circa 1902 in Oklahoma to Elizabeth; died in Broken Arrow, Tulsa,
Oklahoma; known children include Daniel R. James, Jr.
3. William Franklin James: born circa 1878 in Arcadia, Crawford County, Kansas;
married circa 1906 to “Lou”; known children include: William James.
4. Harrison James: born circa 1891 in Arcadia, Crawford County, Kansas; died 1926
in Muskogee, Muskogee County, Oklahoma.
5. Mary Ann Louisa James: born July 9, 1893 in Arcadia, Crawford County, Kansas;
first marriage circa 1911 in Chelsea, Oklahoma to Jesse Andrew Carter; second marriage
circa 1922 to Henry Dailey; third marriage circa 1936 to Thomas Powers; died circa
1958 in Bartlesville, Washington County, Oklahoma; buried in Pawhuska City Cemetery,
Pawhuska, Osage County, Oklahoma; known children include: Frederick Carter, Manford
Carter, Mildred Carter, Jesse Andrew Carter, Archie Dailey.