James Family Archives
• Researching the Past
• Education for the Present
• Preservation for the Future
Children of John McNeil James (1843-
1. Carlton Mathew James:
2. Sarah Ann Leonette Elizabeth James: born April 12, 1871 in Vinton, Roanoke County, Virginia; married Elijah Bush; died September 29, 1944 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; known children include: Elizabeth Bush, Jessie Bush, William Bush, Buster Bush, Ione Bush, Geneva Bush, Cecil Bush, and Elmer Bush.
3. William Frederick James: born October 28, 1873 in Vinton, Roanoke County, Virginia; married Minta Pearl Palmer; died October 29, 1957 in Kansas; known children include: Esther Hilda James, Wallace McNeil James, Florence Rachel James, Joel Palmer James, Margaret Elizabeth James, Eliabeth “Betty” May James.
4. Elmer Spurgeon James: born March 1880 in Roanoke County, Virginia; died May 28, 1957 (aged 77); buried at Riverside Cemetery, Block G, Lot 643, Space 3 in Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas.
5. Maude Deleilah James: born in May 1882 in Virginia; married William Bernard
Lloyd Carson (1880-
6. Claude Hurlburt James: born October 11, 1885 in Virginia; first marriage December
16, 1903 in Allen, Kansas to Rhoda C. Edmunds; second marriage to Carrie J. Nichols
John McNeil James (1843-
Carson Archives Website located at www.carsonarchivesindex.blogspot.com
Family Records of Claude Hurlburt James (1885-
Elmer S. James (1880-
Claude H. James (1885-
Updated: January 2, 2021