Children of John McNeil James (1843-1931) and Mary Elizabeth Amos of Roanoke County,
1. Carlton Mathew James:
2. Sarah Ann Leonette Elizabeth James: born April 12, 1871 in Vinton, Roanoke
County, Virginia; married Elijah Bush; died September 29, 1944 in Oklahoma City,
Oklahoma; known children include: Elizabeth Bush, Jessie Bush, William Bush, Buster
Bush, Ione Bush, Geneva Bush, Cecil Bush, and Elmer Bush.
3. William Frederick James: born October 28, 1873 in Vinton, Roanoke County, Virginia;
married Minta Pearl Palmer; died October 29, 1957 in Kansas; known children include:
Esther Hilda James, Wallace McNeil James, Florence Rachel James, Joel Palmer James,
Margaret Elizabeth James, Eliabeth “Betty” May James.
4. Elmer Spurgeon James: born circa March 1880 in Virginia.
5. Maude Deleilah James: born in May 1882 in Virginia; married William Bernard
Lloyd Carson (1880-1974) son of John Carson and Rachael Truax; died circa April 1930;
known children include Chester Carson and Virgil Carson.
6. Claude Hurlburt James: born circa October 1885 in Virginia.