Children of John McNeil James (1843-1931) and Mary Elizabeth Amos of Roanoke County,
1. Carlton Mathew James:
2. Sarah Ann Leonette Elizabeth James: born April 12, 1871 in Vinton, Roanoke
County, Virginia; married Elijah Bush; died September 29, 1944 in Oklahoma City,
Oklahoma; known children include: Elizabeth Bush, Jessie Bush, William Bush, Buster
Bush, Ione Bush, Geneva Bush, Cecil Bush, and Elmer Bush.
3. William Frederick James: born October 28, 1873 in Vinton, Roanoke County, Virginia;
married Minta Pearl Palmer; died October 29, 1957 in Kansas; known children include:
Esther Hilda James, Wallace McNeil James, Florence Rachel James, Joel Palmer James,
Margaret Elizabeth James, Eliabeth “Betty” May James.
4. Elmer Spurgeon James: born circa March 1880 in Virginia.
5. Maude Deleilah James: born in May 1882 in Virginia; married William Bernard
Lloyd Carson (1880-1974) son of John Carson and Rachael Truax; died circa April 1930;
known children include Chester Carson and Virgil Carson.
6. Claude Hurlburt James: born October 11, 1885/1886 in Virginia; first marriage
December 16, 1903 in Allen, Kansas to Rhoda C. Edmunds; second marriage to Carrie
Nickols; died in 1969; known children through Rhoda C. Edmunds include: Manoah R.
James, John Paul James and Claude Rhoda James; known children through Carrie Nickols
include: Lewis Frederick James, Frank O. James, Virginia James, Helen James, Jessie
Boy James and Geneva James.