James Family Archives
• Researching the Past
• Education for the Present
• Preservation for the Future
Children of Thomas James (1812-
1. Elias William James: born February 11, 1837 in East Union, Coshocton County,
Ohio; married May 26, 1870 or May 16, 1871 to Cornelia A. Denver (1841-
2. Melvina Victoria James: born 1840 in Ohio; married Crispen Tredway, Jr. (1834-
3. James F. James: born circa 1840 in Ohio; married Martha F. Mcvey; died on January 27, 1888 in Ohio; known children include: Nancy C. James.
4. Rebecca J. James: born circa 1842; died circa 1888.
5. Rachel Victoria James: born circa 1845; died circa 1888.
6. Ruth Victoria James: born circa 1847; died circa 1888.
7. Nancy E. James: born circa 1850; died circa 1888.
8. Sarah K. James: born circa 1850; died circa 1888.
Thomas James (1812-
The inscription of the tombstone of Elias William James reads, “Capt. 32 Reg. CO K O.V.I./Born in Coshocton co. Feb 11, 1837/ Died in Coshocton May 3, 1904/ For More Than Three Years A Soldier In The War Of The Rebellion/ For More Than Six Years A Lawyer At the Coshocton Bar/ A Brave Soldier And Honorable Lawyer/ He Bowed Alone T Death/ At the Messengers of the Most High/ In Whose Mercy He Trusted/ Through the Means of the Great Advocate Jesus Christ.
Dates of birth of children come from MyTrees.com in subfile Sarah Cochran Born 1815 in Ohio at www.mytrees.com.
Capt. Elias William James (1837-
Melvina (James) Tredway (1840-
Updated: January 2, 2021