Children of Thomas James (1812-1889) and Sarah Ann Cochran (1815-1888) of Coshocton
1. Elias William James: born February 11, 1837 in East Union, Coshocton County,
Ohio; married May 26, 1870 or May 16, 1871 to Cornelia A. Denver (1841-1911) daughter
of Patrick Denver and Mary Murphy of Clinton, Ohio; died May 3, 1904 in Coshocton
County, Ohio; buried at Oak Ridge Cemetery, Coshocton County, Ohio; known children
include: Mary D. James and Rosalie James.
2. Melvina Victoria James: born 1840 in Ohio; married Crispen Tredway, Jr. (1834-1895);
died May 27, 1876 in Warsaw, Coshocton County, Ohio; buried at Blooming Grove Cemetery,
Randle, Coshocton County, Ohio; known children include: Sadie Olive Tredway, Thomas
F. Tredway, Clara Victoria Tredway, William Thomas Tredway, Joseph Fleming Tredway,
Sarah Olive Tredway, Garret Emmet Tredway, and Cora Iva Tredway.
3. James F. James: born circa 1840 in Ohio; married Martha F. Mcvey; died on January
27, 1888 in Ohio; known children include: Nancy C. James.
4. Rebecca J.James: born circa 1842; died circa 1888.
5. Rachel Victoria James: born circa 1845; died circa 1888.
6. Ruth Victoria James: born circa 1847; died circa 1888.
7. Nancy E. James: born circa 1850; died circa 1888.
8. Sarah K. James: born circa 1850; died circa 1888.
The inscription of the tombstone of Elias William James reads, “Capt. 32 Reg. CO
K O.V.I./Born in Coshocton co. Feb 11, 1837/ Died in Coshocton May 3, 1904/ For More
Than Three Years A Soldier In The War Of The Rebellion/ For More Than Six Years A
Lawyer At the Coshocton Bar/ A Brave Soldier And Honorable Lawyer/ He Bowed Alone
T Death/ At the Messengers of the Most High/ In Whose Mercy He Trusted/ Through the
Means of the Great Advocate Jesus Christ.
Dates of birth of children come from MyTrees.com in subfile Sarah Cochran Born 1815
in Ohio at www.mytrees.com.
Tombstone of Elias William James (1837-1904) on Find A Grave Memorial #96695955 at
Tombstone of Melvina James Tredway (1840-1876) on Find A Grave Memorial #49494275