Children of David Sylvester James (1850-1909) of Wabash County, Indiana and Margaret
Ann Shively (1858-1921) of Lucas County, Ohio:
1. Eva Elmina James: born March 21, 1875 in Woodburn, Clarke County, Iowa; married
November 21, 1895 in North Loup, Nebraska to Willis Edwin Lewis (1872–1951), son
of Clinton Russel Lewis and Electa Roena Fuller; died January 7, 1945 (aged 69) in
Roosevelt, Duchesne County, Utah; buried at Roosevelt Memorial Park, Roosevelt, Duchesne
County, Utah; known children include: Margaret Rowena Lewis, Edna Rose Lewis, Minnie
Opal Lewis, Agnes Otey Lewis, Chlora Elmina Lewis, Hazel Utahna Lewis, Russel Guy
Lewis and James Willis Lewis.
2. Royal Urgus James: born May 14, 1876 in Woodburn, Clarke County, Iowa; married
to Sarah Cynobria Hamer (1877-1950), daughter of Thomas H. Hamer and Julie Ann Clement;
died July 12, 1948 (aged 72) in Cashmere, Chelan County, Washington; buried at Cashmere
Cemetery, Cashmere, Chelan County, Washington; known children include: Norrel D.
James, Margaret A. James, Julia Ruth James, Dow Shively James, Ora Evelyn James,
Grace O. James and Otey Keith James.
3. Rosa May James: born October 12, 1877 in Woodburn, Clarke County, Iowa; married
to John G. Neff; died September 23, 1965 (aged 87) in Florence, Pinal County, Arizona;
buried at Valley Memorial Park Cemetery, Section C, in Coolidge, Pinal County, Arizona;
known children include: James G. Neff and Bayard Neff.
4. David Bertola James: born February 17, 1879 in Woodburn, Clarke County, Iowa;
married in 1873 to Lessie L. James (1884–1976); died May 30, 1968 (aged 89); buried
at Sterling Cemetery, Block SE, Sterling, Johnson County, Nebraska; known children
include: Katherine James.
5. Susan Harriet James: born June 11, 1880 in Woodburn, Clarke County, Iowa; died
June 12, 1881 (aged 1 year) in Woodburn, Clarke County, Iowa; buried at Ottawa Cemetery,
South Section, Row 5, Headstone 7, Ottawa, Clarke County, Iowa.
6. Minni Adyca James: born September 17, 1881 in Woodburn, Clarke County, Iowa;
married July 8, 1912 in Gentry, Arkansas to Frederick August Christensen (1888–1964),
son of Rasmus Larsen Christensen and Augusta Philippa Miller; died September 1974
(aged 92–93) in Arcadia, Valley County, Nebraska; buried at Arcadia Cemetery, Section
3, Row 12 in Arcadia, Valley County, Nebraska; known children include: Mildred Adyca
Christensen and Margaret Christensen.
7. Darl Shively James: born 1890, married to Letha L. James (1890–1968); died 1956
(aged 65–66); buried at Walnut Grove Cemetery, Worthington, Franklin County, Ohio.