Children of William Amos James (1860-1883) of Franklin County, Alabama and Marthey
Melisey Culigan (1868-1925):
1. Letha Luthia James: born April 20, 1886 in Mississippi; married Samuel Lee Russell
(1877-1940); died June 18, 1953 (aged 67) in Colbert County, Alabama; buried at Russell
Cemetery in Maud, Colbert County, Alabama; known children include: Bluford Lee Russell,
Finous E. Russell, Marion Albert Russell, Letha Alta Russell and Vera Almedia Russell.
2. Cynthia Jane James: born April 9, 1888; married Elmer Cordova Turbyfill (1875-1951);
died January 11, 1938 (aged 49); buried at Trenton Cemetery in Trenton, Phillips
3. Mollie Naomia James: born December 3, 1889; married Rufus Franklin Goza (1889–1978);
died February 3, 1963 (aged 73); buried at Lindsey Cemetery in Dennis, Tishomingo
County, Mississippi; known children include: Eunice T. Goza, Virginia "Jessie" Goza,
Susie Goza, James R. Goza, Henry Ivan Goza and Joy A. Goza.
4. Nancy “Nannie” Etta James: born 1891; married Claude Esco Foote (1892–1959);
died 1982; buried at Cypert Cemetery in Cypert, Phillips County, Arkansas.
5. Elmer Elias James: born (1893-1983) m. Esther Lee Foote
6. William Austin James: born February 12, 1895; married Eva Lena Parrish (1894–1984),
daughter of Thomas Webster Parrish and Maggie Patterson; died February 24, 1963 (aged
68); buried at Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, James Plot in Red Bay, Franklin County,
7. Clarence Burton James: born October 21, 1896 in Franklin County, Alabama; married
Maude Arvazeeny Reneau “Reno” (1904–1998), daughter of Lafayette Reneau and Gannie
Walker; died August 4, 1955 (aged 58); buried at James Cemetery in Pogo, Franklin
County, Alabama; known children include: Dewdrop Rachel James, Robert Doyle James,
Truett Clarence James and Betty Jo James.
8. Ada Susan James: born 1898; married William Harvey Parrish (1896-1996); died
9. Ida Modena “Dena” James: born 1901; married Milas Lee Taylor (1895–1991); died
1971; buried at Allen Line Cemetery in Prentiss County, Mississippi; known children
include: Odas Lee Taylor, Otha Vernon Taylor and Bela Hayden Taylor.
10. Henry Thomas James: born July 28, 1903; died July 1976 in Poplar Grove, Phillips
County, Arkansas; buried at Sunset Memorial Park in Walnut Corner, Phillips County,
11. Artis Lee “Artie” James: born April 14, 1907; married Wilma O. McCaig; died January
7, 1981 (aged 73); buried at Marvell Eventide Cemetery in Phillips County, Arkansas.