Children of Mary Ann “Polly Ann” James (1843-1907) of Bedford County, Virginia and
Jasper Newton Terry (1834-1908) of Illinois:
1. Marion Louise Terry: born January 10, 1864 in Fannin County, Texas; first marriage
January 26, 1879 in Menard County, Texas to Elias L. Brewer (1853-1917), son of William
Erastus Brewer (1826-1886) and Caroline Hillebrandt; divorced October 21, 1893 in
Arizona; second marriage April 26, 1894 in Mohave County, Arizona to Joseph Weston
Morgon (1853-1922); died 1907 (aged 42-43) in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California;
known children include: Nora Alice Brewer, Jasper Newton Brewer, Sr., Annie Laura
Brewer, Willamay Lorena Brewer, James Ernest Brewer, Joseph Brewer and Joseph Terry
2. William Bethel Terry: born November 22, 1865 in Fannin County, Texas; died
1935 in Atlanta, Georgia.
3. Annie Pauline Terry: born August 15, 1868 in Ladonia, Fannin County, Texas;
married December 21, 1884 to James William Ellen Basham (1858-1942), son of James
William Basham and Ellen Speaks; died January 17, 1934 (aged 65) in Carlsbad, Eddy
County, New Mexico; known children include: Lola Basham, Jasper Newton Basham, Irene
Basham Basham, Terry Teel Basham and Mary Agnes Basham.
4. Nina Laura Terry: born July 10, 1871 in Hunt County, Texas; married March 1,
1891 to Frank Standifer Gray (1861-1960); died April 7, 1943 (aged 71) in Cherokee,
San Saba County, Texas; known children include: Clyde Laura Gray, Wayne Standifer
Gray, John Fowler Gray, Mary Sue Gray, James Franklin Gray and James Terry Gray.
5. Jasper Blackley Terry: born September 14, 1872.
6. David Anslam Terry: born September 22, 1874.
7. John Clifton Terry: born November 17, 1879; married 1899 to Bertha Bloomer
(1879-1920); died July 7, 1920 (aged 40) in Torrence, Los Angeles, California; known
children include: Bertha Ann Terry, George Clifton Terry, Helen G. Terry, Della A.
Terry and Esther May Terry.
8. Robert James Terry: born August 08, 1882 in Vance, Real County, Texas; married
in 1905 to Clara Ellen Scott (1887-1913); died January 14, 1910 (aged 27); known
children include: known children include: Jasper Newton Terry.
9. Covey Middleton Terry: born April 25, 1885 in Edwards County, Texas; married
Stella Ruth Hammer (1895-1983), daughter of Aaron Hampton Hammer (1864-1932) and
Nannie Helen Claypool (1870-1937); died March 25, 1975 (aged 89) in Linn, Linn County,
Oregon; buried at Gilliland Cemetery, Sweet Home, Linn County, Oregon; known children
include: Clifton Covey Terry, Spenser Aaron Terry and Merton James Terry.
Family Records and U.S. Census Reports provided by Natalie Belotti of Madera, California
- great, great granddaughter of Mary Ann James (1843-1907) and granddaughter of Joseph
Terry Morgan (1895-1960).
1870 U.S. Federal Census for Precinct No. 3, Ladonia, Fannin County, Texas, Page
13, Line No. 1, Household of "Jasper Terry & Polly Ann Terry."
1880 U.S. Federal Census for Corporation of Bonham, Fannin County, Texas, Page 20,
Line No. 12, Household of "Jasper Terry & Molly A. Terry."
1900 U.S. Federal Census for Township & North Range of Maricopa County, Arizona,
Sheet No. 14, Line No. 17, Household of "Jasper Terry & Marie A. Terry."
In back: Bertha (Bloomer) Terry (1879-1920), daughter Della A. Terry and John Clifton
In front: daughter Helen G. Terry and son George Clifton Terry.
Robert James Terry (1882-1910) and Clara Ellen (Scott) Terry (1887-1913).
Back Row: Covey Middleton Terry (1885-1975), David Anslam Terry (born 1874), Annie
Pauline (Terry)Basham (1868-1934), and Robert James Terry (1882-1910). Front Row:
Mary Ann “Polly Ann” (James) Terry (1843-1907), granddaughter Lola Basham, and Jasper
Newton Terry (1834-1908).