Children of Oliver Cleo James (1819-1880) of Jefferson County, Ohio and Elizabeth Hibbs (1823-1852) of Guernsey County, Ohio:
1. Susanna James: born circa 1845 in Guernsey County, Ohio; married Rufus Spitler.
2. William James: born circa 1847 in Ohio.
Children of Oliver Cleo James (1819-1880) of Jefferson County, Ohio and Margaret Clark (1830-1881):
3. John Dew James: born February 10, 1861 in Lebanon, Kansas; married Rosena Amelia Mechau; died October 13, 1951 in Cushing, Oklahoma; known children include: Gertrude James, Oliver Ray James, Maud A. James, Charles Ray James, Frederich A. James, Rheuben E. James, Donald E. James and Harold Leigh James.
4. William “Will” Wilson James: born October 28, 1866 in Lucas County, Iowa; married March 28, 1894 in Harlan, Shelby County, Iowa by Reverend O.H. King to Mary Myrtue, daughter of Andreas Sorensen Myrtue and Sidsel Kirstine (Andersen) Myrtue; died May 13, 1927 in Woodbine, Harrison County, Iowa; known children include: Andrew Milo James, Marie Christina James, Paul Morris James, Valaria Margaret James and Howard William James.
5. Frank Emery James: born October 18, 1870 in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas; married Mary A. Davison; died September 21, 1934 in Thermopolis, Wyoming; known children include: Evie James, John Marion James, Urban A. James, Frank James and Robert Oliver James.
Oliver Cleo James (1819-1880) was the son of Joshua James (1778-1823) of Loudoun County, Virginia and Susannah Dew (1780-1829).
“Your James & Wood Ancestors – A Family History Prepared For Bradley Allyn James and Barry Wood James,” Part 1 Individual Biographies, Prepared by Lee Allyn James of Olympia, Washington, PreliminaryDraft, August 3, 2005, page 125-128.
“Descendants of Oliver C. James” – posted on Genealogy.com by ‘mv, ID#1761’ on June 24, 2003.
Updated: January 9, 2021