Children of John Dew James (1861-1951) of Lebanon, Kansas and Rosena Amelia Mechau:
1. Gertrude James: born November 8, 1883 in Robinson, Kansas; married Arthur Garfield Nims; died October 29, 1944 in Washington, Kansas; known children include: Bernard Arthur Nims; Dorothy Lucille Nims; Doris Louise Nims and Esther Gertrude Nims.
2. Oliver Ray James: born October 15, 1885 in Washington, Kansas; married Gertrude Kathryn Malvy; died August 10, 1962 in Denver, Colorado; known children include: Cleo Oliver James; Lola Dean James; Gerald James; Virginia James; Helen Mae James; Rita Kathryn James and William Robert James.
3. Maud A. James: born April 3, 1888 in Washington, Kansas; died December 25, 1891 in Brown County, Kansas.
4. Charles Ray James: born October 8, 1890 in Brown County, Kansas; married Florence Letta Culp; died December 27, 1972 in Cushing, Oklahoma; known children include: Zola Marie James, Melvin Maurice James, Marvin Dean James and Carol Rose James.
5. Frederich A. James: born May 16, 1893 in Washington, Kansas; married to Dollie V. Holland; died December 28, 1982 in Cushing, Kansas; known children include: Vocille Winifred James and Shirley Ann James.
6. Rheuben E. James: born February 26, 1896 in Hollenberg, Kansas; died May 14, 1903 in Washington, Kansas.
7. Donald E. James: born April 23, 1899 in Washington, Kansas; first married to Gertrude Brinson; second marriage to Billie Brandle; third marriage to Emma Harrold; died February 22, 1976 in California; known children through Gertrude Brinson: J.R. James, Albert Neil James, Leonard Wayne James and Harry E. James.
8. Harold Leigh James: born January 22, 1902 in Washington, Kansas; married Nellie Cottingham; died January 9, 1985 in Cushing, Oklahoma.
John Dew James (1861-1951) was the son of Oliver Cleo James (1819-1880) of Jefferson County, Ohio and Margaret Clark (1830-1881).
“Your James & Wood Ancestors – A Family History Prepared For Bradley Allyn James and Barry Wood
James,” Part 1 Individual Biographies, Prepared by Lee Allyn James of Olympia, Washington, Preliminary Draft, August 3, 2005, page 125-128.
“Descendants of Oliver C. James” – posted on Genealogy.com by ‘mv, ID#1761’ on June 24, 2003.