wp5c312998_0f.jpg
wp08a0c08b_0f.jpg
wp405042a4_0f.jpg
wp5f8aaf52_0f.jpg

“Bettws Mill,” Glascwm Parish, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, Wales, UK

a.k.a. “Melin y Busnant;” “Melin Busnant;” “Melin Bussnant;” “Melin Bisnant;” and “Busnant Mill.”

 

Originally a water powered corn-grist mill constructed, owned and operated by James ap David and his sons David James and Thomas James, gentlemen and yeomen of Landegley and Glascwm Parishes, Radnorshire from prior to 1637 through 1679.  The mill was sold November 1, 1679 to Samuell Smyth of Kington Parish in the neighboring County of Hereford.  See Deeds from the Practice of Messrs. Green & Nixson, record Nos. “R/D/GNX/186-187” and “R/D/GNX/188.”   As reported in Radnorshire Mills by D. Stedman Davies in Volume 10 of Radnorshire Society Transactions in in 1940 on page 53, “Bettws Mill on the river Edw, though only a quarter mile from Bettws Church, is actually in Glascwm parish.  It is not in use now.  It was also known as ‘Melin Bisnant.’”