Children of Elias James (1744-1789) and Anna Matson (1746-1827) of Loudoun County, Virginia:
1. Thomas James: born April 2, 1766 in Pennsylvania; married March 19, 1812 in Snickersvile, Loudoun County, Virginia to Mary Russell (08/03/1786-05/11/1861); was a Quaker although parents belonged to Ketoctin Baptist Church; owned and operated farm known as Brookdale about two miles northeast of Bluemont, then Snickersville; died October 14, 1839 in Loudoun County; buried at Friends Burying Ground, Lincoln, Loudoun County.
2. Ann James: born July 24, 1768 in Pennsylvania; married February 26, 1787 in Frederick County, Maryland to James Nichols; died circa 1789.
3. Isaac Daniel James: born October 15, 1770 in Upper Marion Township, Pennsylvania County, Pennsylvania; married November 24, 1796 in Bedford County, Virginia to Mary Elizabeth “Polly” James (02/11/1774-08/11/1864), daughter of Daniel James (1750-1817) and Susannah Baelert; died December 6, 1853 in Bedford County, Virginia; known children include: Mary Susan Elizabeth James, Hannah M. James, Aaron James, Elias James, Mary Anna James, Susan James, Matson James and Isaac Daniel James, Jr.
4. Hannah James: born July 8, 1772 in Pennsylvania; married June 10, 1794 in Loudoun County, Virginia to Jesse Howell (02/09/1775-02/01/1855), son of William Howell and Martha Marks; died December 10, 1852 in Loudoun County; buried at Friends Burying Ground, Lincoln, Loudoun County; known children include: Levi Howell, Abel Howell, Elijah Howell, Anna Howell, David Howell, Craven James Howell, Eda Howell, Emily Howell and James M. Howell.
5. James James: born October 26, 1777 in Loudoun County, Virginia; married to Sarah Hanks (10/12/1781-07/14/1854); appears in Providence Township, Bedford County, Pennsylvania in 1808; appears in Dover Township, Athens County, Ohio in 1850; died October 23, 1866 in Amesville, Athens County, Ohio; buried at Concord Cemetery, Amesville, Ames Township, Athens County, Ohio; known children include: Isaac James, Asa M. James, William Scott James, Anna James, Duanna James, Sitha James, Joel James, Rhoda James and Matson James.
6. Elias James, Jr.: born 1785 in Shelburn Parrish, Loudoun County, Virginia; married 1806 in Loudoun County to Nancy Fry (1785-1863); moved circa 1809 to Bedford County, Pennsylvania; moved again to Coshocton County, Ohio; operated March 21, 1831a tavern at Claysville, Coshocton, County; died 1860 in Coshocton County; known children include: Thomas James.
Elias James was the son of Thomas James (1690-1753) and Mary Jones of Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County Pennsylvania.
Thomas James, the son of Elias James, Jr., mentioned above, was born on May 14, 1812 in Coshocton County, Ohio. He married Sarah Ann Cochran circa 1833 and died March 23, 1889 in Coshocton County, Ohio. There known children include: Melvina James, Rebecca J. James, Rachel V. James, Ruth V. James, Nancy E. James, Sarah K. James, James F. James and Elias William James. The last son, Elias William James was born on February 11, 1837 in East Union, Coshocton County, Ohio. He married Cornelia A. Denver, daughter of Patrick Denver and Mary Murphy of Clinton, Ohio on May 26, 1870 or May 16, 1871 or and died circa 1904. Elias and Cornelia are known to have had a daughter Mary D. James born February 1873 and Rosalie James born April 1887.
For Thomas James (1812-1889) - Perry J. Rutlege, 1215 Westoak Drive West, Aledo, Texas 76008, (817) 441-9322, firstname.lastname@example.org - Posted on “My Genealogy Home Page” updated January 11, 2008 on Genealogy.com.
Apprentices, Poor Children and Bastards, Loudoun County, Virginia, 1757-1850, by Louisa Skinner Hutchison, Westminster, MD, 2000, page 60: “Q, [Order or Minute Book] page 83: 9 Feb 1795, James James, 17 yrs. old 26 Oct 1794, to Asa MOORE, to be a tanner and currier.” This book is found at the Clayton Library, Houston, Texas and proves James James date of birth as October 26, 1777. Source provided by Waunita Gibbons of Houston, Texas.
Memorial to James James (1777-1876) on Find A Grave Memorial at Findagrave.com.