Children of Rebecca James and John Miles of Radnor Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania:
1. Rebecca Miles: born circa 1737; married June 6, 1771 to Reverend Abel Griffith
(1723-1793) son of Benjamin Griffith and Sarah Miles; died August 1779; known children
include: Benjamin Griffith and Miles Griffith.
2. Catherine Miles: born circa 1740.
3. Jane Miles: born circa 1742.
4. Sarah Miles: born circa 1745.
5. Enos Miles: born circa 1746; married “Catherine”; died March 20, 1806.
6. James Miles: born circa 1747 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; married December
17, 1772 at First Baptist Church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Susannah Kigings;
known children include: Jane Miles, Rebecca Miles, Catherine Miles, George Miles
and James Miles.
7. John Miles: born circa 1749 in Radnor Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania;
married February 29, 1772 to Mary Lewis; died 1776; known children include Ann Miles
and Sarah Miles.
Marriage of James Miles and Susanna Kigings, December 17, 1772 from Pennsylvania
Marriage Licenses, 1769-1776, published in the Pennsylvania Magazine of History and
Biography Volume XLI. 1917, No. 1, Page 341. See also, “Record of Pennsylvania Marriages,
Prior to 1810, Volume 1 by Clarence M. Busch., State Printer of Pennsylvania, 1895,
Pennsylvania Archives, Second Series, Volume 8 – Marriage Record of the First Baptist
Church, Philadelphia 1761-1803.
Information on Rebecca Miles and Abel Griffith come from the notes of Marge Scherrueble
at firstname.lastname@example.org posted on Ancestry.com October 9, 2001.
Miles Family Researchers: Ann Lockie’s e-mail address: email@example.com